Citizen Leader taking entries for photo contest
Entries are now being accepted for the fourth annual Franklin County Citizen Leader photo contestis.
The contest is seeking the best photos of Franklin County, made by the people of Franklin County.
Three winners will be honored.
First place will receive $100 and a year’s subscription to the newspaper.
Second place will receive $50 and a year’s subscription.
Third place will receive $25 and a year’s subscription.
In addition, a People’s Choice winner will be crowned from votes taken from followers of the Citizen Leader’s Facebook Page.
Winners and finalists will be published in a special section of the Franklin County Citizen Leader April 27.
Winners and finalists will also be used in other newspaper magazines and publications throughout the year.
Contest rules are as follows:
• Photos must be original photos taken by the person submitting the work.
• Photos may be color or black and white and of any subject, including landscapes or portraits.
• All photos submitted must have been taken in Franklin County.
• Photos submitted must be at least a 4X6 in size if submitting a print or 200 dpi if submitting digitally.
• Photos may be returned to the person submitting the work upon request, but the newspaper retains all rights to use the photo for publication in the newspaper or other future publication products.
• Employees of the Franklin County Citizen Leader or Community Newspapers Inc. and their immediate families are not eligible for the contest.
• All entries must include the name of the person submitting the photo, his or her phone number, where the photo was taken and when the photo was taken. If the photo includes people, the entry should include the people’s names, if possible.
Photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to P.O. Box 580, Lavonia, GA 30553 or brought by 12150 Augusta Road in Lavonia.
Deadline to enter is Friday, April 13.